Seaweed is a super food with fantastic benefits and so many people are closed minded to the concept of munching on raw seaweed. One of my clients, an entertainment lawyer, munches on seaweed before his power lunches and is addicted to the health benefits. When I first introduced him to the concept he burst out laughing. He also has recommended it to his colleagues in his law firm. You can buy snack size packets at Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Below are some of the benefits:
- Seaweed has the broadest range of minerals of any food. It is a fantastic source of B-vitamins, calcium and iron.
- Seaweed is great for stress relief and energy. Seaweed contains two B-vitamins (pantothenic acid and riboflavin) that are needed for energy production. Pantothenic acid helps support the health and function of the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands play a major role regulating stress levels within the body.
- Seaweed is a good source of magnesium. Magnesium helps to reduce high blood pressure and prevent heart attacks.
- The variety of minerals in seaweed help in hair growth, making hair thicker and stronger. Seaweed also has potent antioxidants and cell regenerating properties that help to prevent wrinkles.
- The iodine in seaweed helps with healthy thyroid function.
That being said, branch out and start munching or at least give it a try!